We thank you for booking with Lemmington Hall Holiday Cottages. Please take the time to read through:
- Our ‘Holiday Letting Agreement’; and
- Our ‘Important Information about your stay’ section.
We hope you enjoy your stay.
HOLIDAY LETTING AGREEMENT
“Premises”: Lemmington Hall Cottages, Lemmington Hall, Alnwick, NE66 2BH
“Us/ We/ Our”: Philly & Andrew Bell
“You/ Your”: the individual named on the booking confirmation, together with any other individuals staying with him/ her at the Premises
“Letting Period”: the period of let stated on the booking confirmation
This Holiday Letting Agreement forms part of a legally binding contract between Us and You. This Agreement supersedes and operates to the exclusion of any other agreement that may exist between Us and You.
- Letting Agreement
- We agree, in consideration of the Letting Fee, to rent You the Premises for the duration of the Letting Period.
- The Letting Fee includes Your accommodation for the number of nights stated on Your booking confirmation. It includes bedding, towels, electricity and VAT.
- You agree that You will pay the Letting Fee (comprising the Booking Deposit and Final Payment, as detailed below), as specified on Your booking confirmation.
- You agree to pay a deposit of 20% at the time of booking (“Booking Deposit”), and to pay the outstanding balance at least 6 weeks before arrival (the “Final Payment”). We will send You a reminder in advance of the Final Payment date.
- If You do not pay the Final Payment on time, We reserve the right to cancel Your booking and re-let the Premises without any further notice to You whatsoever.
- We accept payment by credit or debit card.
- Payment for the Final Payment will be automatically taken from the same debit/ credit card used to pay for the Booking Deposit. If You wish to pay by a different method, You must notify Us of this prior to the date on which the Final Payment is due.
- Care of the property and Good Housekeeping charges
- You shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same state of repair and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning, otherwise an additional Housekeeping charge may apply. We ask no furniture be moved within the property and no decorations be attached to walls or furnishings as this may cause surface damage.
- We have the right to pre-authorise a payment of up to £100 from the Lead Hirer’s credit/debit card within 7 days of arrival. Initial communication relating to any breakages/damages or excess cleaning will be made within 48 hours of departure.
- The amount of the charge will be as We may determine to be reasonable compensation for any loss suffered by Us as a result of Your failure to fulfil Your obligations under this Agreement. This charge shall be without prejudice to any plea, right or claim which may have against You in consequence of any breach of Your obligations under this Agreement.
- Cancellation Policy
- If You wish to cancel Your booking, You agree to notify us of this in writing at the earliest available opportunity.
- You acknowledge that if You cancel Your booking, the following charges will apply:
- Notice of cancellation: More than 12 weeks’ notice – Your Booking Deposit will be refunded less a fee of £20 to cover admin costs and credit card fees.
- Notice of cancellation: More than 6 weeks’ and less that 12 weeks’ notice – Your Booking Deposit will not be refunded, but You will not be required to make the Final Payment
- Notice of cancellation: Less than 6 weeks’ notice (including failure to check in and early departures) – Your Booking Deposit and Final Payment will not be refunded.
We strongly recommend that you take out adequate holiday insurance to cover any costs you might incur if you have to cancel your holiday, as We do not provide any insurance under the terms of your holiday rental agreement. (For instance www.cancellationplan.com for UK holiday insurance; this company is not affiliated with Us and many other insurers are available).
- Arrival/ Departure
- Check-in time: 4 pm on day of arrival.
- Check-out time: 10 am on the day of departure.
- You agree to leave the Premises by 10am at the end of the Letting Period. If You fail to do so, We reserve the right to charge You for any loss incurred by us (by deduction of such sums as we consider to be appropriate from Your Security Deposit, or by separate invoice) as a consequence of this.
- You agree to leave the Premises at the end of the Letting Period in a clean and tidy condition. You agree to dispose of all rubbish in the bins provided. We reserve the right to deduct any additional cleaning charges from Your Security Deposit, as may be required.
- You undertake not to remove any bed linen, towels, bath robes or any other property at the end of Your stay. We reserve the right to deduct any removed items from Your Security Deposit or to invoice You separately in respect of any removed items.
- Use of the Property
- You agree that You will use the Premises as a private holiday residence and for no other purpose whatsoever.
- You acknowledge that the total number of guests must not exceed two persons. Additional overnight guests will not be tolerated, and We reserve the right to ask You to leave the Premises immediately and charge You an additional fee if You are found to be in breach of this policy.
- You acknowledge that we operate a strict prohibition on stag/ hen parties, and all similar parties. We reserve the right to ask You to leave the Premises immediately and charge You an additional fee if You are found to be in breach of this policy.
- Your obligations
- You shall be expressly obliged:
- To keep the Premises clean;
- To take reasonable care of the furniture, plenishings, curtains, blinds and heritable fittings and furnishings;
- Not to mark walls, doors and fittings of the Premises;
- Not to alter, decorate or paint any part of the subjects;
- To ensure that all doors are locked whenever the Premises are unoccupied for any reason;
- To leave the Premises at the end of the Letting Period in a clean and tidy condition.
- Damage, Loss and Breakage
- You agree to notify us of any damage, loss or breakages immediately.
- We reserve the right to deduct the cost of any damage, loss or breakages from Your Security Deposit. Should the cost of any damage, loss or breakages exceed the value of Your Security Deposit, We reserve the right to issue You with an invoice in respect of the damage, loss or breakage. If, as a result of the damage, loss or breakage, We are unable to re-let the property, We reserve the right to charge You for any consequential losses incurred.
- We will notify You in writing if any damage, loss or breakage is discovered at the end of the Letting Period.
- You agree to notify us immediately of any problems with any appliances. You agree that You will not attempt to repair any broken appliance, and will notify us of any problems immediately.
- You acknowledge that We will not take any responsibility for any damage to individuals, property or appliances caused as a consequence of a fault with Your own equipment, plugs, chargers or accessories, please ensure these are never left unattended when in use.
- You undertake not to disturb the neighbours in the peaceful enjoyment of their properties by the creation of noise or otherwise.
- You acknowledge that loud music or audible noise shall not be permitted after 11pm. We reserve the right to ask You to leave the Premises immediately and charge You an additional fee if You are found to be in breach of this policy.
- You undertake not to smoke on the Premises.
- You acknowledge that We operate a strict prohibition on smoking within the Premises. If You breach this policy, We reserve the right to ask you to leave the Premises immediately and charge You an additional cleaning fee. If, as a result of a breach of this policy, We are unable to re-let the property, We reserve the right to charge You additional sums. We will notify You of our decision to do so in writing if We become aware of breach of this policy after the end of the Letting Period.
- You undertake not to bring any pets with You onto the Premises.
- You acknowledge that We do not accommodate pets. If You breach this policy, We reserve the right to ask to You leave the Premises immediately and charge You an additional cleaning fee.
- This Agreement is made on the basis that the Premises are to be occupied by You for a Holiday. You hereby acknowledge that this Agreement is not a short assured tenancy, secured tenancy or any other tenancy agreement.
- We will take no responsibility whatsoever for any injures, illness or loss of life while You are staying at the cottage and on the grounds and We will not pay any claims nor be liable for any accidents, injuries or loss of life during Your stay, Including any damage to vehicles, accessories or personal items. Extra caution must be taken when using the log burner. Please take note on first entering the cottage of any steps, height restrictions, appliance edges, rugs etc. and be aware of them during your stay.
- Any data collected from Your booking will be stored in accordance to Data Protection Act 1998. Any data collected during the course of making bookings or dealing with enquiries are dealt with in strict confidence. Your data will never be sold. We keep your contact email addresses on file and may contact you from time to time with special offers or discounts.
- By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to receiving these communications from Us unless You let us know otherwise.
- Governing law and jurisdiction
- Any dispute under this agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with English law, and any dispute shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.